2019 "ROAR" VBS
The church had its beginning under the pastorate of William Klinefelter (1892-93). He would occasionally preach at the school house one mile north of Bolan. In the fall of 1894, under the direction of Rev. Lang, the United Evangelical Church of Bolan was organized, built for $2,000, and dedicated in February 1895. Byron P. Kenison was a charter member of the church and organized the first Sunday School. In October 1949, the church was destroyed by fire. Immediately work was started on a new church. The present building was dedicated in July 1950. Bolan and Manly churches have been served by the same pastors since 1964. In 1968, the Evangelical United Brethren church merged with the Methodist church.